The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break

We had a great Spring Break last week. We didn't travel which was fabulous. It seems we always do a little traveling during vacations from school so it was so nice to stay put and just relax. I spent a lot of my time repainting Ava's room. That's right.... REpaintimg. We hired someone to paint the girls' rooms a few weeks ago but I ended up hating the color that I picked out for Ava's room. It was a cute green color on the little card at Lowes but it was terrible when on the walls. Think lime sherbert. Glowing lime sherbert. Yikes! I decided I couldn't live with it and needed to repaint it. I couldn't bring myself to pay someone to paint it AGAIN, so I spent a couple of hours each day painting. We also went to several different parks, ran a bunch of errands, had a playdate with the Nalley girls, went to Gatti Town (Chuck E Cheese on steroids), went to Build a Bear, rode bikes, and chased butterflies. Chasing butterflies took up quite a bit of time during our break. There is a big field behind our house that will eventually be more houses but for now it is a great place for the girls to play. There are lots of little yellow butterflies flying around in the field so Ava and Macy made it their personal mission to catch one. Of course, they never caught one but they had a great time trying and it provided hours of entertainment with very little fighting. One time I went out to check on them and they had two cups from the kitchen. One filled with grass and one filled with water so that the butterfly would have a place to live and something to drink after they caught it. : )

And the biggest event of the break was the girls got a major hair cut. I took them to the "real" salon where I get my hair cut and they loved it. They now have these cute little bobs and they look SO old. I teared up after she was done with Macy's because I couldn't believe how big she looked. Like she is 7 years old or something.

Chic Fil A with Brooklyn

The Before Picture


 The After Picture



Getting ready to make brownies. Their special treat for being good girls at the Salon.

Macy putting the heart in her bunny at Build A Bear


 Ava's bunny from Build A Bear. She named it Kate (which is also Ava's middle name).


 Scrubbing and fluffing Kate and Daisy the Bunny.


 The outfits that they picked out. Ballerina and princess of course.


At Gatti Town.





Riding the pirate ship at Gatti Town

What a fun week. After writing this post, I decided we didn't do much relaxing after all. Oh well.... it was still a nice break from our usual daily grind.  

On an unrelated note... Macy made her first goal at their soccer game last Saturday. Go Macy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment