The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Friday, July 20, 2012

4th of July and Grandparents Galore

We had a fun 4th of July this year with neighborhood friends. On the 3rd, we went over to some friends' house for dinner and had a small, informal neighborhood gathering in their front yard. The kids played in a blow up pool and rode bikes while the adults ate, drank, and visited. Fun times! On the 4th, we went to the pool, cooked out burgers, and then met up with friends again for a fireworks show. The fireworks didn't start until 10:15! The girls had been so excited about the fireworks all day but by 10:15 they were pretty cranky and tired, so I don't think they cared that much about them.

Getting ready for fireworks in their red, white, and blue.

The next day I met my parents half way between Monticello and Frisco so that the girls could spend a few days with Gigi and Papa without me. Mom likes to have them to herself for a few days every summer. It gave Ben and I the weekend to get some things done around the house without the kiddos. We have been working on finishing up Ava and Macy's bedrooms so that we can get started on the nursery. I headed to Monticello on Monday and spent a few days then took the girls to Little Rock later in the week so they could spend time with Grammy and Pawpaw. They had so much fun with all of their grandparents. Both sets kept the girls super busy and spoiled rotten. Just in a little over a week, the girls went swimming, went to 2 movies, went to the library, got manis and pedis, visited all of their great grandparents,  played on the slip n slide, went to a children's museum, went shopping (to buy toys for themselves), played with huge water rockets, and ate an endless amount of popsicles and ice cream.

Playing the race car game at Ray's (their favorite restaurant in Monticello)






They loved playing in the back of my dad's truck. They would use his tools and say they were fixing things. They loved these bungee cords that have these little hooks on the end. The funny part was that they called them "hookers," so one night when I called to check on them, they told me they were having fun playing with Papa's hookers. Hmm......interesting.






Jumping off the diving board! No more floaties for these girls!

Loved playing with Nana's dog, Sandy.
Even though Macy is making a face, I love this picture. To me, this picture tells it all. True personalities. I am going to try to devote a blog post to Macy and her silliness and crazy facial expressions.

Then, as if that isn't enough grandparent time, Mom came to Frisco the next week! I had 3 days of continuing ed workshops (ugh!) so Mom came here and kept the girls for me. Again, they went to movies, swimming, restaurants, the splashpad, and GattiTown. I mean seriously..... spoiled rotten and loving every minute of it! I think next week will be grandparent detox for us. Healthy eating and staying at home! : )

In baby news, I had my 16 week appointment a couple of weeks ago and everything looked great. They weighed me, took my blood pressure, listened to the heartbeat, and sent me on my way. My appointment was the fastest appointment in the history of doctor appointments! My appt. time was 10:15 and I was back in my car at 10:29! But, I didn't really have any questions or concerns and everything is going according to plan so it's all pretty quick and easy. I had only gained 3 lbs. total but not to worry I have packed on some serious weight since then. My belly has really popped out in the last week. The exciting news is that we go this Wednesday (the 25th) to find out the gender of the baby! So excited to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at the "hookers" story - it sounds like your girls definitely have big imaginations and big personalities :o).

    ReplyDelete