The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Day in Pre-K

Ava and Macy started Pre-K yesterday. I put them in a new school this year so I wasn't sure how they would do when I dropped them off. It usually takes them a couple of weeks to adjust to the back to school routine. The last few years there have been tears all around after summer break. But I'm happy to report no tears yesterday or today. They barely even acknowledged me as I was leaving!

I took some pictures of them before we left. I stole this idea from someone on Facebook.  I asked them each what they wanted to be when they grow up. I asked them individually because I knew they would copy each other's answers. Because I'm not crafty at all, I just typed it out and printed it. Hopefully I can keep this first day of school tradition going, because I think it will be fun to see how these answers change as the years go on. I also had them draw a picture and write something (I helped with spelling of course) about what they want to be. 



Ava's initial answer was "a big sister." I told her that she didn't have to wait to grow up to be a big sister because that was going to happen in a few months, so her next answer was "a mom." She is definitely my little nurturer. Love that quality about her!

"Mom and Babies"
She told me all the babies were lined up to go outside with their mom to see the rainbow and play on the slide. (I think the slide is the blue thing above the mom).



That's right. An elf. I swear I am not making this stuff up with this girl. She is so silly! She wants to help Santa make toys and ride in his sleigh and take care of the reindeer. I guess that really is every kids dream. I just don't know how she thinks of this stuff! She told Ben the other day that she "signed up to be an Elf" so I think because I printed this off she thinks it is official and she really will be an elf one day. : )

"Santa and his elves"
Love the little elf hats!


I also had my appointment with the high risk OB yesterday to see what she thought about my fluid levels. And we got great news!! She said that everything looks fine and that she is not worried at all. She measured the fluid level well within the normal range. I'm not sure if the level is increasing or if there is a discrepancy in how two people measure it. I think mostly it is just answered prayers. My regular OB will continue to monitor it and I will continue to drink a ton of water. I'm drinking a gallon a day! It's such a relief to know that baby Aubrey is doing well! 





1 comment: