The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Monday, December 10, 2012

One Last Pregnancy Post

The countdown has begun. One more week until Aubrey James Wyatt makes her appearance. We are so ready to meet her. I am very glad to report that she has shifted and moved off of my sciatic nerve! Thank the Lord. I really needed to be able to walk these last couple of weeks so that I could finish up work, the nursery, and my Christmas shopping. Now that she has moved, I am feeling good and ready to tackle my to-do list. My maternity leave officially started today! (woohoo!!) We finished up the nursery yesterday, so now I just have to finish up a few Christmas errands, pack the bag for the hospital and we'll be ready to go! I went to the doctor this morning and I am not dilated at all so unless something crazy happens, there is no way she is coming early. The plan is still Monday the 17th at 9:30 am!

Here are some pictures of the nursery. I'm really happy with it. It's simple, feminine, and calming. Exactly what I wanted for her!

 
 
 
 
 
 
The girls "helping" me in Aubrey's room. I'm not sure playing with baby toys and covering yourself in baby blankets qualifies as helping.
 
 


Since this is my last Aubrey post before she is born, I need to give a shout out to the amazing girls that I work with that gave me 2 showers and a "last day of work" party. My school is an Early Childhood School for kids ages 3 to 5. Most of the kids are there because they have special needs and 99% of them get speech therapy, so I work with a team of 15 speech pathologists just at my school. All of the girls are so sweet and we all get along so well. The "speech team" threw me a shower after work one Friday afternoon with lots of yummy food and gifts for Aubrey. I even had a friend from last year that doesn't work at ECS anymore come to the party to help me celebrate. So special! Then, we had a shower with the whole school. The school is really big, so they do one shower in the fall and one in the spring to celebrate babies and weddings. The shower was for myself and two other girls having babies. The shower was put on by the party committee at school but my "speech team" girls still had to help out by making food and helping with decorations. Then, as if that isn't enough, they surprised me with a little farewell party (with cheesecake!) on my last day before maternity leave. It meant so much to me! I feel so blessed to work with such thoughtful, generous girls. I don't have any pictures to prove that these things actually happened but I promise they did!! 
 
 
And finally, I really can't believe I am going to do this but here are some pics of my growing belly. I HATE pregnancy pictures (of myself... other people's are okay). I think they are awkward, especially these because I took them myself and because I purposely cut off my head. And I am enormous, so why would I want to take pictures of that?!?! But... I know that one day Aubrey will want to see what I looked like pregnant with her, so I did take a few throughout pregnancy. And since I do this blog for family that we don't get to see very often, I am posting these terribly embarrassing pictures:
 
 
 
21 weeks
 

23 weeks


28 weeks (Macy took this picture for me)


 
34 weeks
 

38 weeks. I might be in denial but I really feel like I look bigger in this picture than I actually am. And Ben looks so dang skinny. He's lost like 20 pounds since I've been pregnant. That's just wrong.





No comments:

Post a Comment