The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Picture That Started It All

I have done the thing I never thought I would do. Start a blog. I was against blogging because I didn't want "update blog" on my already never-ending list of things to do.  But then.... THIS happened:

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and there was a big pile of laundry on the couch  (see above comment about never ending list of things to do) when I overheard Ava and Macy in the living room giggling and playing.  They like to "help" me fold the laundry which usually involves them wadding everything into little balls but it keeps them happy so I let them do it. This is what I thought they were doing when I heard Macy say, "You be Brooke and I'll be Ben." I looked in to see what she was talking about and saw them wearing the clothes in the above picture! Macy is wearing Ben's polo shirt and Ava is wearing my t-shirt. I cracked up! I immediately took a picture and texted it to Ben who was still at work. We both laughed for days about it.

So..... what does that story have to do with starting a blog???

Well,  I kept thinking about this incident knowing that I needed to write it down before I forget it. But it isn't nearly as funny without the picture so my thought process was that I should print off the picture to put with the story in their baby book. But, they do hilarious things everyday (in my opinion) so it would be nice to have one place to put all of their funny little quotes and stories so that they can go back and read them one day. It would need to be something that I can access easily and it would be nice if I could put pictures with it without too much hassle. Hmmmm..... what should I do? Start a blog??? I tried to push away the blog thoughts for a few days, but after thinking a lot about it I decided it was the best solution. I am really doing this for Ava and Macy to have as a keepsake one day, but I think it will be a nice way to keep our family updated on our life since they live far away.  I am pretty sure this whole blog thing just made my mom the happiest person on the planet.  And I have a feeling that "update blog" will probably get moved to the top of the list.... way above "cook dinner" and "fold laundry."

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. You will really start to appreciate it when folks stop emailing you for updates because they start following your blog. Maybe you will actually end up with more time on your hands...maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And cleverly written!! Great first post, Brooke! You already seem like a pro!

    ReplyDelete