The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recital Time

The girls had their dance recital on June 25th. I had no idea when I signed them up for dance what a HUGE deal the recital is. It seems like they pretty much spent the whole year getting ready for it. It was a really big production and fun to watch the older kids dance (for the girls and I... not so much for Ben). ha ha

They had their first on-stage appearance at the Christmas performance where they did a tap routine to Frosty the Snowman.


They are the two right in the middle.


Then, we had Mayfest where they did a tap routine to "Beat It."


For the big recital, the rehearsal was on Friday evening. Their teacher, Mrs. Christie, had warned the moms that the rehearsal can be very long and it is probably a good idea to bring things to do and eat to keep the little ones occupied. I packed each of them a back pack full of coloring books, crayons, toys, snacks, and drinks. This is in addition to their dance backpack that has tap shoes, ballet shoes, and extra tights.  This is a picture of all that we had to take to the rehearsal and the recital. I was worried I would forget something so I kept myself organized by laying it all out on our guest bed.



The girls ended up doing really well at the rehearsal. I didn't even have to break out all of the activities I brought because they were perfectly content to watch the other kids dance. I would even go so far as to say that they were some of the best behaved girls in their class. A lot of the other little ones were running around and jumping off of the steps and wearing their moms out. It is a rare occurrence that I can say Ava and Macy were well behaved so I have to brag about it for a minute!

The big show finally came on Saturday and Ava and Macy did great with their dance. When they started dance lessons, all I really wanted was for them to go on the stage without crying. I was really worried they would have trouble seperating from me and wouldn't go on the stage. Well, that was NOT a problem. They went right up there and did their thing. Macy was a little more timid on the stage but both really did great. Here are some pictures from the big event.

Getting Ready



Pretty girls 


They had to pick a "buddy" to walk with. They surprisingly did not pick each other. This is Ava and her buddy London. 






No comments:

Post a Comment