The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are finally moved in and settled into our new house. We have been here for a couple of weeks but I am just now feeling like I have my head above water and feel somewhat settled. The bad news about that is that I start back to work tomorrow so I am sure I will get that "swamped" feeling again soon. That's okay though, because so far we are LOVING our new place and I have a feeling that I am going to really like my new job too.



We have two little trees in our front yard but they are kind of pitiful looking right now due to this extreme heat and drought. We have had 38 CONSECUTIVE days (and counting) of temperatures over 100 degrees. It's miserable. Yesterday we went to the pool and I thought to myself, "it feels kind of nice out here... much cooler than it has been." I checked my phone and saw that it was 99 degrees. That's bad... when 99 feels like relief. The worse part is that I don't think it is going to let up anytime soon. Anyway, enough about the weather.... back to the house. : )









I decided to wait to add pictures of the bedrooms and the playroom. We are going to paint the girls' rooms and do some things to the playroom and then I'll post those pics. We are also getting new living room furniture so I'll post that later too.

I need to say a quick thank you to all of those that helped us with the moving process. Thank you to my cousin, Lizzie, who gave up a weekend and flew to Dallas from Little Rock to entertain the girls. She came out the weekend before the move so that Ben and I could finish packing up, do our final walk-through of the house with the builder, run some last minute errands, and shop for a refrigerator without two little ones in tow. They played dress up and manicure/pedicure for hours. Lizzie was such a good sport and let Ava and Macy paint her toenails and put makeup on her. Yikes! Check out the shimmery eyeshadow all over her forehead in this pic.


One of our regular sitters, Kat, kept the girls during the closing. My friend, Stephanie, kept them on actual moving day.  And finally, my mom came a couple of days after the move and helped with unpacking and also helped entertain the girls while I unpacked and finished everything up at the house in Fort Worth. There is no way we could have made this transition so smoothly without all of our helpers so thank you to all of you!!

I am way behind on things I want to put on here. Look for upcoming posts on swim lessons, our trip to Atlanta, and Ava and Macy's second flower girl "performance" of the summer!

1 comment:

  1. The house looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe A & M can give Presley some tips on making it up and down stairs.

    ReplyDelete