The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Tale of the Tooth

I have started back to work so who knows if I will ever get around to posting the July and August edition of our summer. I also need to do Aubrey's 8 month post and next week is Ava and Macy's first day of kindergarten so I will definitely have to post something about that. So much blogging so little time!! This is an important post though. We had a major life event happen around here last week. Ava lost her first tooth!

About a month ago, Ava noticed that her tooth was loose. One morning last week she came to me looking kind of upset and when I asked what was wrong she said her loose tooth hurt. When she opened her to mouth to show me, I almost gagged. It took everything I had not to freak out in front of her. The tooth was totally laying to the side and barely hanging on. So gross. I can catch vomit in my bare hands and deal with snot, blood, and poop with no problem but for some reason the thought of pulling that tooth was more than I could handle. Here is what it looked like:



 She didn't want me to touch it (thank goodness) so I talked her into eating something. I gave her apple slices and with the first bite it fell out. It was surprisingly easy and drama free!
 
 
 
 
 
These were my texts to Ben that morning. : )
 

 We went out to eat that night to celebrate and let Ava pick the restaurant. She picked her fave Mexican place. It's her fave because they give free ice cream with kids meals.

 Here is a picture of her precious new smile. She is so proud and is smiling extra big these days!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment