The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grandparents Galore

We spent the week after the wedding in Arkansas. Ben is working in LR for most of this month so it made sense for the girls and I just to hang out in AR after the wedding. And it was nice to have some downtime. This is downtime for me... not for the grandparents. I had a whole week of no cooking, no cleaning, and four people that are more than happy to bathe, dress, feed, and entertain the girls. We went to Little Rock first and spent a few days. The first day Joyce and I took the girls to The Wonder Place. This is such a fun place in Little Rock and Ava and Macy are the perfect age for this place right now. They love pretending and exploring.







On Tuesday, we went swimming with Grammy and Pawpaw. This picture is really blurry but I think it is cute. It is Ava riding on Pawpaw's back in the pool.



On Wednesday, Grammy and Pawpaw took the girls to McDonalds to eat and play while I had some "me" time and also packed everything up so that we could head to Monticello. When we got to Monticello on Wednesday evening, we went to dinner with my grandparents and my parents to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. 

On Thursday, mom and I took Ava and Macy to their first movie in a movie theatre. We actually stayed the whole movie which totally exceeded my expectations. We watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and they really seemed to enjoy it!  We got a huge popcorn and a huge Sprite and they were set. The only mishap was that Ava dropped the HUGE sprite which was barely even sipped out of and it went all over the floor. Luckily, they had free refills so we just got another one but it made a huge sticky mess. Other than needing a few reminders to whisper, they did really well for their first movie theatre experience.

Ava wouldn't take a picture and I don't know why Macy is making this goofy face but I had to document their first trip to the theatre.


Got a good one outside the theatre after the movie.

My dad found 2 turtles and brought them home for the girls. I think this might have been the highlight of the trip for them.




We went swimming again on Friday and then went to the Pink Tomato Festival in Warren on Friday night. They had a full out carnival which was HOT but fun for the girls.




There was a band playing so they got out in the middle of the street to dance.

The little boy in the picture below came up to Macy and asked her to dance. Actually he said, "Will you be my partner?" Macy just stared at him for about 30 seconds and then ran away. It was pretty funny.

We had a great fun filled week in Arkansas. We headed back to Fort Worth on Saturday and then Mom and Dad came to visit us on Wednesday and just left today. Hooray for Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment