The Everyday Life of Ben, Brooke, Macy, Ava, and Aubrey Wyatt

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Silly Little Girls

As I have said before, the main purpose of this blog is so that I can have a place to keep up with all of the funny little things that Ava and Macy do and say. So, I have a few things to document.

They love to play mommy and baby. It differs on who is the mommy and who is the baby. They are pretty good about taking turns on this. They also play daddy/baby, teacher/student, dance teacher/dance student, and owner/puppy dog. Their favorite part of playing these things is being able to "punish" each other and put each other in time out. : ) Sometimes one is the mommy and one is the daddy and I get to be the baby. This is usually a win/win because the baby is supposed to lay down and take a nap. Perfect!  Last week they were playing mommy/baby by themselves and I caught this:

This is Ava pushing Macy in the stroller for baby dolls.


Then the next day, I saw this:
Macy is in the baby doll carrier.


Another funny moment happened yesterday. This is how the conversation went:

Me (to both girls): You need to pick up your toys on the floor in the playroom (for the 18th time that morning).
Ava:  But we didn't make that mess.
Me: Oh? Well then who did?
Macy (to me):  I think I saw YOU in there playing with the toys.
Me (trying to control my laughter):  I think we need to talk about the difference in telling a story and telling the truth!

We actually have recently started to teach them about telling fibs and what that means but it is a hard concept to teach an "innocent" little 3 year old. Ben tried a while back to tell them the story about the boy who cried wolf, but it didn't go so well. Somehow what they took from that story was that there was a creature called a "cry wolf" that they thought was kind of like the boogey man.

Silly girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment